WILMINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Wilmington Public Library is seeking a self-motivated, flexible team player to manage the Library’s technologies. The Technology Manager will train library staff and the public in the use of technology, and may be a member of the Reference Team. The work schedule includes days, evenings, weekends, and will be on call to respond in the case of system failures.
Supervisor: Library Director
Salary: $ 38,000 – $ 45,000
Full time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, available benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, short term disability, life insurance, AFLAC.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, network certifications, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Two years’ experience in network administration or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability.
• Experience as a technology trainer preferred.
• Basic knowledge of public library functions preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel between the Main Library and the branch library.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain and troubleshoot all of the Library’s technologies, including but not limited to network services, systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, and related devices.
• Evaluate current network infrastructure to determine the need for upgrades and new product installations.
• Install cabling, equipment, software packages; configures computer hardware and devices.
• Train staff and the public in all aspects of technology.
• Manage the Maker Space.
• Represent the Library at professional meetings.
• Maintain awareness of current developments in both the technology and library fields through continuing education professional reading, and membership in professional organizations.
• May serve as a member of the Reference Team.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Library Director Nancy Ehas at firstname.lastname@example.org